The Carnegie Tri-County Municipal Hospital is a critical-access hospital in Carnegie, located at 114 N. Broadway St. The hospital provides a wide range of services to the town. Two doctors have clinics adjacent to the hospital, and several more doctors, nurse practitioners, and other allied health professionals are on staff. A 24-hour emergency room is available. The town contracts management of the hospital to Carnegie Tri-County Hospital Management, Inc., which is a board of local citizens and stakeholders. They further subcontract the hospital’s operations to First Physicians Capital Group, a national leader in operation and management of rural healthcare facilities.
- Emergency Room – treatment for both severe and minor medical needs, with emergency medical staff available 24/7/365
- Radiology – X-Ray, Ultrasound and CT (Cat Scan) imaging
- Bone Density Scanner – used in prevention and treatment of osteoporosis and other diseases
- Laboratory – A wide range of diagnostic and preventative medical testing
- Clinic – Three physicians offer complete primary care in a clinical setting
- Physical Therapy – complete post-operative and therapeutic services
- Dietary – counseling on diabetic and dietetic needs
- Skilled nursing – when treatment requires short-term and professional medical attention 24/7
- Swing Bed Services – used when a patient is ready to leave the hospital, but not quite ready to return home. Be sure to ask to return to your hometown for rehabilitation, as your local hospital is often the best place to recuperate and prepare for life’s activities.
Benefits of local Care
- Professional care and personal service from people you know and trust
- Advanced diagnostic technology just down the street
- Emergency medical care and helicopter transport available to trauma centers for urgent needs
- Easy access to clinical primary-care practitioners for routine and unscheduled medical problems
The Carnegie Ambulance Service/EMS is now owned directly by the Town. Go to the Ambulance/EMS page to find out more information.